Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Picks

I like to give my niece and nephew books at Halloween - they get so much candy everywhere else that books are a nice way to acknowledge the day and give them something special without endangering their teeth! Here are a few of books I have selected over the years: 
The Monster Who Ate My Peas by Danny Schnitzlein
The Monster Who Did My Math by Danny Schnitzlein

These books are perfect for my 7 year-old nephew - the words are complex so they expand vocabulary but the text rhymes and the illustrations are vivid which keeps his interest. My sister in law is taking The Monster Who Did My Math to my nephew's school to read to the class this week.


The Bear Who Loves Halloween by Jennifer Karin Sidford - This book is a good pick for my 3 year old niece - it is a sweet introduction to Halloween through the eyes of the bear
Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin My niece is in a pink phase so this is sure to be a hit!  











What are your favorite books for Halloween?












5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I bet they look forward to those books every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea -- I'm sure their parents appreciate it too :)

    My daughter's childhood favorite was It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all-time favorite Halloween book for kids is The Runaway Pumpkin. It is so much fun to read aloud, and the story is adorable. My kids still love to pull it out and have me read it, even though they are way beyond that type of book now. There is something so infectious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of giving books instead of candy!

    ReplyDelete