Friday, April 25, 2014

24 Hour Read a Thon: April 26, 2014


Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon is taking place tomorrow and I excited that I have the day free and can take part. It's a fun event and brings camaraderie to an reading which is generally a solitary activity. I have selected some book candidates for the day and am just going to let myself pick what looks good in the moment. I also have Americanah on audio for when I need a movement break, dog walk or just break to do some things around the house.



As I have done in past readathons, I will be reading for charity again.  As many of my blog readers know, I adopted a dog, Prince, from the ASPCA in October. As I looked back over my posts from last year, I realized that I adopted Prince the night before the October 2013 Readathon.  In honor of that and all the happiness he has brought to my life, I will be donating to the ASPCA for this readathon.

One thing I hope to do a bit differently this year (and some of this will be mandated by Prince) is to walk at regular intervals throughout the day. I am addicted to my Fitbit  and don't want to drop my step count for the day!  I think the walks will help break up the day and keep me reading longer.

Good luck with the readathon if you are participating! You can check my progress on Twitter , Instagram and of course, this blog.



2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of "movement" breaks..there's no way I could get through a readathon without those! I wish I could participate…two kids under 4 at home kind of prevents me from reading for 24 straight hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaking to walk sounds like a great idea--and good for your body. What a great cause to read for too! And a great way to celebrate adopting your dog. I lost my dog a year ago this next week and still miss him every day. We have two cats and aren't quite ready to adopt another dog, but someday.

    I hope you are having a great day of reading!

    ReplyDelete